Thursday, 2 January 2014

Photography in colour and black and white

For Christmas I received a new Nikon Nikkor AF-S DX Micro 85mm f/3.5G ED VR lens and of course I just had to rush out and give it a quick test down at the Botanic Gardens of Wales in Carmarthenshire.

Below is one of the pictures that I took on my morning out.  This picture was taken in the glasshouse, hand-held with f6.3, 1/40 and at ISO 200.  The first image is in colour while the second is the same image with a black and white filter added in Photoshop.










I prefer the black and white image to the colour.  The addition of the black and white filter allows the pattern formed by the white petals of the flower to dominate the shot while the image as a whole blurs nicely towards the back of the frame. 

I intend to post more pictures taken with this lens as I experiment with it as both a macro and a portrait lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.